A Healthy Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad for Memorial Day
Here’s a super yummy and easy salad idea for Memorial Day!
This is also gluten-free so it’s a nice option to serve to your guests.
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa (follow package instructions)
- 1 bunch fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- A few sprigs of fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 English cucumber or 3 Persian cucumbers, cut into small cubes
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 package of Feta cheese, break into small cubes with your fingers
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop all the herbs. You can use the stems of cilantro, but remove stems from the mint. I like to cut the lower portion of stems from parsley (they can a little tough).
- Add herbs and the remaining ingredients, except feta, into a medium bowl, and combine.
- Gently toss in the feta.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Note: you can steep the leftover mint in hot water to make a delicious tea.